HIDE Flood Advisory issued April 22 at 11:13PM EDT until April 23 at 11:35AM EDT by NWS Greenville-Spartanburg
...The Flood Advisory continues for the French Broad River...
French Broad River Near Fletcher affecting Buncombe and Henderson
Last Friday`s heavy rain has saturated the ground and caused river
levels to remain elevated.
The Flood Advisory continues for
the French Broad River Near Fletcher
* until Tuesday morning.
* At 11 PM Monday the stage was 11.6 feet.
* Action Stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor Flood Stage is 13.0 feet.
* FORECAST: The river is expected to fall below Action Stage by
* IMPACTS: At 13.0 feet: Minor Flood Stage. French Broad River
floodwaters are now inundating Banner Farm Rd. Floodwaters may be
approaching portions of Glenn Bridge Rd. Farmland and other
low-lying areas within the French Broad River Valley from Etowah to
Avery Creek are experiencing scattered flooding. Glenn Bridge Park
and river access is experiencing scattered flooding..
* IMPACTS: At 12.0 feet: Action Stage continues. Glenn Bridge Park
river access is experiencing minor flooding. Westfeldt Park is
experiencing scattered flooding. French Broad River floodwaters
are causing isolated to widely scattered farmland flooding..
* IMPACTS: At 11.5 feet: Action Stage Flooding continues. Butler
Bridge Rd. is inundated with up to 6 inches of floodwaters from the
French Broad River, forcing road closure..
* IMPACTS: At 10.0 feet: Action/Advisory Stage. The French Broad
River has exceeded bankfull at the gauge site. Isolated farmland
flooding is beginning across the French Broad River Valley from
Etowah downstream to Avery Creek upstream of the gauge site..
Counties Affected: Buncombe; Henderson
Issued by: NWS Greenville-Spartanburg (Western North Carolina and Northwest South Carolina) HIDE